Thursday, August 2, 2007

Are they really this stupid?

Note: We'll be getting back to more serious fare at some point in the near future...


I’m often amazed at some of the things people do. They do things that turn out bad and I find myself thinking…."you didn’t see that coming?". Several years ago a guy who worked for me ended up in the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. I didn’t learn the specifics until he came back to work. When I asked him what happened, he began to explain to me how he was under his pickup doing a little welding on the FULL gas tank…. Yeah.

So, I present to you several “before” pictures….we can only imagine what the “after” picture looks like. It's possible that you've seen these around the internet before, but they merit another look. Enjoy!




First up is a guy who sees photo ops in every situation. Most people would run away from an area crawling with HazMat guys in all their gear…but not this guy. He doesn’t even bother to put on pants!








You know the story I told earlier about a former employee welding on his gas tank? Well at least he had enough sense to set his truck on actual ramps before setting off the small explosion!










Here’s a guy who’s really thinking about safety. Sure he’s using an electric drill in a exposed outlet while standing barefoot on an aluminum ladder in 3 feet of water, but at least he remembered to put on his safety goggles!







I’ve been working in and around warehouses and forklifts for the better part of the last decade…never have I seen anybody do anything like this…







No risk is too great for a well-lit field!








Load straps are extremely overrated….







And finally, this guy takes the word “frugal” to a brand new level!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that photos 1,3,4, & 5 have been digitally altered?

They look a little bogus to me.

Ellis Murphree said...

Photo's 4 and 5 are legit. I'm not sure about 1, although I've seen it posted elsewhere with a claim that it was the real deal. 3 - I don't know.